Teignmouth Open Bowls Tournament 2022
The Teignmouth Tournament enters its 87th year, in 2022, & bounced back very strongly last year, after its cancellation in 2019. We are currently attracting bowlers to the event from all around the UK & we wish to continue to expand this.
We remain one of the highest prize tournaments in outdoor bowls, with a prize pot of over £5000.
We accommodate all levels of experience, by making the events short, & challenging (1 or 2 days) & we have a varied selection of events to enter, all on a "Round Robin" basis, guaranteeing multiple games for the entry fee. Additionally, we are still one of the few tournaments to run 2 Junior events.
Unlike straight knock out events, you can lose a game & still win the tournament (even in the singles!).
The list of events for 2022 are;
1) OPEN SINGLES (all guaranteed a min. of 2 sessions on Day 1, then move into knock out on Day 2)
2) OPEN TRIPLES (all guaranteed a min. of 4 sessions on Day 1, then move into knock out on Day 2)
3) MIXED PAIRS (all guaranteed multiple sessions – 1 day event)
4) LADIES PAIRS (all guaranteed multiple sessions– 1 day event )
5) MENS PAIRS (all guaranteed multiple sessions – 1 day event)
6) U16 SINGLES (formulated, once entries are known, on a Round Robin basis – 1 day event)
7) U25 SINGLES (formulated, once entries are known, on a Round Robin basis – 1 day event)
Entries are open until the 31st July 2022.
I have enclosed a copy of the 2022 Poster & Entry Form. We would be extremely grateful if you could find space to put both of them up on your notice boards, to advertise the event in your club.
If you, or your club members have any queries, please feel free to make contact with me.
We wish you & your Club a very successful season, & look forward, hopefully, to welcoming some of your club members to The Teignmouth Open Bowling Tournament Week this September.
Phil Downs (Chairman - on behalf of the Teignmouth Open Bowling Tournament Committee).
- 01823 652749
Find Wellington BC
Corams Lane, Wellington, Somerset, TA21 8LL
There is free parking in the Leisure Centre car park which is immediately adjacent to the Bowling Club. Wheelchair access is via the ramp at the corner of the green where Corams Lane joins Springfield Road.